The Paddle Shack has a duty of care to safeguard you, our staff and the general public. The government has removed remaining domestic restrictions in England, but COVID-19 hasn't gone away just yet. There are still steps we are taking to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19, and ask all our clients to do the same:
Online bookings and contactless payment
If you have any symptoms, or you test positive for COVID-19, please stay at home if you can and avoid contact with other people. Tell us so we can try to reschedule or refund your booking.
– A deposit or full payment must be paid at the time of booking.
– No contract is agreed until the deposit or full payment is received
– No trip will commence until full payment has been received.
– The Paddle Shack recommends customers take out their own cancellation/curtailment insurance cover
– Once payment has been received the Client agrees to the following Terms and Conditions.
– LATE ARRIVALS so as not to impact the experience for other customers on your trip, The Paddle Shack instructor will wait, at the arranged meeting point, a maximum of:
15 minutes from the session start time.
– Should the Client wish to cancel a booking, a refund for the following percentage of the total fee may apply on receipt of notice via email.
For a Whats SUP, an Adventure SUP or a SUP with confidence, with the following length of notice before the start of the trip: 2 weeks 100%. 10 Days 75%. 1 week 50%. 1 week or less no refund.
– Group trips require a minimum of two people to run. Where this minimum is not met, an alternative trip or refund will be available.
– Refunds are not available in whole or in part for missed trips due to client late arrival, illness, accident, wet weather conditions, or for any other cause outside the control of The Paddle Shack
– It is rare that sessions have to be cancelled by The Paddle Shack because of adverse weather. However, The Paddle Shack reserves the right to cancel a trip because of adverse weather or for any other safety reason. In this instance, an alternative trip or full refund will be available.
– The Paddle Shack does not provide insurance for any Client or third party. It is the Client’s responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance to cover any activity undertaken during a Paddle Shack session.
– On matters of safety during the session the decision of The Paddle Shack instructor is final.
– Clients should ensure they are fit and appropriately dressed for physical activity in a coastal environment.
– The Paddle Shack excludes all liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any injury or loss suffered during a Paddle Shack session.
– Prices are correct at the time of booking but are subject to change.
The Paddle Shack is committed to effectively, efficiently, promptly and fairly handle all complaints about its services and products. Any complaints will be treated seriously, investigated thoroughly and dealt with according to the merit of the complaint.
Any complaint should be made known verbally to The Paddle Shack immediately and in writing within ten days of the incident. The Paddle Shack will endeavour to resolve such complaints to the satisfaction of any aggrieved party. Where no satisfactory resolution is made, a referral may be made by telephone or in writing to the Director of ASI at Head Office:
Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI) Ltd
14-15 Dowren House, 3-5 Foundry Lane,
Hayle, Cornwall TR27 4HD
Telephone: 01736 756884
Further details of the Complaints Policy and Procedure can be found here: